Duration: 6 Nights / 7 Days
(Bengaluru – Bandipur – Mysore – Halebidu – Chikamgaluru – Hampi – Badami – Goa – Bengaluru)
The Golden Chariot itinerary offers an attractive sojourn across Karnataka and will also take you to Goa. Commencing on Sunday from Bangalore and concluding back in Bangalore, the following Saturday, the Golden Chariot tour offers to its visitors a 7-day itinerary of pure fun. Capture the essence of Karnataka through this journey and carry back fond memories to remember for long. The itinerary for the luxury travel has been given below. The day-wise program will help you to plan your schedule in a hassle-free manner.
DEPARTURE DATES FOR SEASON 2023 – 24
MONTH DEPARTURE DATES
OCTOBER, 2023 28
NOVEMBER, 2023 25
DECEMBER, 2023 23
JANUARY, 2024 20
FEBRUARY, 2024 17
DAY 1: BANGALORE TO BANDIPUR
The journey of the luxury train tour indeed starts with the pride of the south and the capital of Karnataka. This third largest city of India is, needless to say, ever-bustling and is bestowed with the Victorian architectural marvels and all-year-round pleasant weather.
- The warm welcome at Yesvantpur Railway Station at around 0845 hrs.
- Tour Briefing on the train.
- Delectable Lunch aboard.
- Deboard at Nanjangud Town at 1400 hrs.
- Road trip to Bandipur which is 50 km
- Enjoy the Jungle Safari at Bandipur from 1630 to 1830 hrs.
- Return to train and have a delicious dinner aboard.
- You will reach Mysore by train and overnight at Mysore.
DAY 2: MYSORE
On your second day of the trip, after having breakfast on the train you will visit the Mysore Palace. Enjoy the majestic beauty of this enchanting places. After the sightseeing tour of Mysore Palace, return to the train and enjoy lunch aboard. In the evening you can visit the Srirangapatnam which is an option.
- Breakfast on the train.
- Go for the sightseeing tour of Mysore Palace
- Return to train for the mouth-watering lunch
- In the evening you can visit Srirangapatnam (optional)
- Dinner will be served on board.
DAY 3: HALEBIDU AND CHIKMAGALUR
This day you will proceed towards Halebidu from Mysore. Enjoy the scrumptious breakfast on board. Explore the Halebidu and then proceed to the Chikamgaluru for the onward journey. After having lunch on the train, you will proceed for the coffee plantation tour and then move back to the train.
- Breakfast will be served on the train
- Arrival at Banavar Railway Station
- Visit on the tour of Halebidu from Banavar Rly Station at 0800 hrs.
- Return to train by 1130 hrs. After the sightseeing tour of Halebidu.
- Train leaves for Chikamgaluru.
- Lunch will be served.
- Deboard the Golden Chariot at 1500 hrs. Visit for the plantations tour followed by coffee tasting and dinner.
- Back to the Golden Chariot train.
DAY 4: HAMPI
The architectural marvel awaits you in Hampi. This is a dreamy land with a tinge of beige and rocks strewn in the landscape. This day you will first visit the best sites of Hampi, like the Vijayvithala Temple in Hampi with a brilliant stone chariot from which the Golden Chariot itself is inspired. The sunset view from the banks of Tungabhadra River is enchanting and rejuvenating, after this you will hop aboard and have dinner.
Have a scrumptious breakfast on the train
Leave to visit Vijaya Vittala temple (Hampi) and the Stone Chariot which inspired the Golden Chariot
Back to the Golden Chariot and the lunch will be then served.
Enjoy the view of the sunset from the train
Dinner will be served in the Golden Chariot.
DAY 5: BADAMI
The train will arrive at Badami. Badami, as its name says is related to the color of Badam (Almond); the Red-stoned edifices and cliffs, totally set the scene to make the name Badami aptly suitable. On your sixth day of the journey, you will visit Pattadakal and Badami caves. After this, you will hop aboard as the lunch is served and the train leaves for Goa.
Breakfast will be served on the train
Arrival in Badami
After having breakfast aboard, you can visit to explore the Badami Caves and this is optional.
Back to the Golden Chariot and have lunch.
At 1415 hrs. leave for the sightseeing tour of Pattadakal and Aihole.
Return to the Golden Chariot
Dinner will be served on board.
DAY 6: GOA
Savor the existence of youthfulness in your soul, lose yourselves in the vigorous beaches of Goa and tap your feet to the Goan music. On your sixth day of the trip, you will visit Goa and go sight-seeing to the best churches and beaches.
The Train reached Goa
Breakfast will be served in the Golden Chariot.
Proceed for the sightseeing tour of the Churches of North Goa and Museum.
Return to the train and have lunch on board.
Deboard the train to enjoy the Bollywood Evening
Have a scrumptious dinner at the resort or hotel.
Back to the Golden Chariot by 2145 hrs and soon the train leaves for Bangalore.
Dinner will be served.
Train will leave for Bengaluru.
DAY 7: BANGALORE
As you amassed different moments of the journey to create a fairytale of your own, you will receive a warm farewell from the Golden Chariot team in Bangalore.
The breakfast is served.
Reach Yeshwanthpur Railway station and bid adieu to this magical journey.
- Bandipur Jungle Safari: Wander through abundant greenery inhabiting a galore of wild animals and adorable birds.
- Mysore Palace: An edifice straight out of the fairytale. This massive palace of Indo-Saracen style has a captivating charm of its own.
- Temple complexes of Halebidu: These temple complexes have some of the best finely-detailed carvings, attracting tourists from every corner of the world with its old-world charm.
- Coffee Plantation tour in Chikamgaluru: Enjoy coffee tasting along with the walk in the plantation.
- Virupaksha temple and Vijay Vittala Temple: two of the many best tourist spots in the land of ruins and rocks, Hampi.
- Badami caves: Experience the perfection of the rock-cut art with a tinge of red.
- Badami caves: Experience the perfection of the rock-cut art with a tinge of red. Best beaches and churches of Goa.